How much do you know about EPIGENETICS?
- German version (translated by Jan Fabio Nickels ESR4)
- French version (translated by Meredith Wouters ESR11)
- Italian version (translated by Gemma Noviello ESR2)
- Spanish version (translated by Andrea Hita Ardiaca ESR14)
- Catalan version (translated by Andrea Hita Ardiaca ESR14)
- Portuguese version (translated by A. de Oliveira ESR8)
Find the Promoter
created by Karen Amaral de Oliveira – ESR8
Transcription Factors are proteins that bind to specific DNA sequences (promoter or enhancer sequences) and control gene expression. They ensure that the appropriate genes are expressed (transcribed) in the proper cell at the proper time. Transcription begins when the RNA polymerase binds to a specialized DNA sequence called a promoter, and transcribes DNA into mRNA.
Here, you should help the transcription factor find the specific promoter (yellow) without binding the non-specific (pink) promoter.